This is a great opportunity for an experienced Co-Ordinator to join Grandstand Media Limited (GML) as part of group of companies, with a role in The Showing Register (TSR).
Grandstand Media is a team of specialists with experience of planning, organising and running equine events. Most notably Horse of the Year Show (Birmingham, CSI 3*) which GML has organised since 1997 the event now welcomes over 60,000 visitors in October at the NEC. The British Showjumping National Championships and Stoneleigh Horse Show was added to the company profile in 2015.
The Showing Register, which was added into the GML portfolio in 2022, has developed and grown throughout 2023. Last year The Showing Register established itself in the industry offering showing membership, a professionally run show for amateurs, clinics, and a new initiative for amateur and home-produced competitors. With bold plans for continued progression in the industry, The Showing Register is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to drive the business forward and to have an input in its direction.
This role will suit a proactive person who can bring their organising skills and experience to the team. The primary focus of this role is to co-ordinate the membership base, organise the operations of the Shows and clinics and associated administration. The ideal candidate will need to be focused with a desire to create development and drive to exceed expectations.
This is a full-time position located at the GML offices at Stoneleigh Park. Additionally, during an event the applicant will be required, along with the company’s other personnel (at the expense of the company) to be based at the host venue of the event.
This currently involves staying at the NAEC Stoneleigh for up to 4 days. And any involvement with the other events may include staying onsite at NEC Birmingham for 1 week in October and at NAEC Stoneleigh for up to 5 days in August.
· Excellent understanding of administration
· Strong organisational skills
· Organised and proactive
· Confident communicator in person, via telephone and email
· Happy working outside during events and in an office environment
· Knowledge of equestrianism in particular Showing
· Good decision-making skills with a forward thinking approach
· Experience using social media platforms
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g. members, exhibitors, competitors and the public
· Demonstrate excellent planning skills
· Financially aware with direct experience of budget production, implementation and control
· Well-developed written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work calmly under pressure and to prioritise tasks independently
· Positive and proactive attitude
· Good interpersonal skills, team player with the ability to work with other internal teams
· IT skills including use of Microsoft Office packages, databases etc.
· Interactive with customers and team members
· Good time keeping
· Equestrian knowledge, ideally in showing
· Event Management experience (equestrian)
· Customer conflict resolution experience
· Office management experience
· Social Media and website planning and administration
· Office Duties
Duties & Responsibilities:
· General administration and filing for the TSR department
· Understanding of rules and regulations relating to the sport of Equestrian Showing
· Dealing with exhibitors, members, contractors and public during build up, breakdown and running of the event
· Dealing with competition, training events and general associated administration
· Understand the necessity for effective and efficient financial budgets
· Planning social media posts and website information
· Co-ordinate any complaints or disciplinary procedures.
· Play a leading role in implementing TSR rules in relation to the Handbook.
· Working at events may require a minimum of 6 weekend days per annum, and you will be required to work weekend dates in support of the companies events
· The applicant must understand the requirement for extra hours (within the basic salary contract) both prior to and during the Events.
· Work collaboratively with staff, other partners and like-minded organisations
· Work to administration, communication, environmental, health and safety protocols and policies to ensure that organisational systems and procedures are implemented
· Abide by organisational policies, codes of conduct and practice as described in the Staff Handbook
· Support and promote diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace
· Treat with confidentiality any personal, private or sensitive information about individual organisations and or schemes or staff etc.
· Carry out other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned in line with the broad remit of the post.
· Competitive salary
· Hours of work Monday-Friday inclusive, 9:00am – 5:00pm, based at the offices at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire
· Holiday entitlement of 20 days per annum plus bank holidays
· Be a part of some the most prestigious equestrian events in the UK
· Career development
· Proactive team with a broad experience of equestrianism
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £23,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kenilworth: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person