These are the terms and conditions for Grandstand Event Management Limited (GSE), a company registered in England under number 04320393 with registered office at Stoneleigh Park, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, CV8 2LZ (“we” or “us”) for the range of products and services we provide in the context of The Showing Register (TSR). We operate the websites at www.tsr.gsshowsystem.com and www.theshowingregister.co.uk (“the Sites”).
In these terms and conditions:
The terms “you”, “your” and “yours” means any user of our website, enquirer or any person submitting any data to us or this Site about himself or herself or about any other living individual in respect of any use of the Site.
The term “personal data” refers to personally identifiable information about you or any other living individual in respect of any use of this Site.
The term “The Showing Register”, (“TSR”) means the membership body and the show under that name/s which we run annually.
Please read the terms and conditions listed in this document related to the service you are about to acquire, before making any purchases from The Showing Register, Grandstand Event Management Limited.
Access to this Site and Changes
- Access to and use of the www.tsr.gsshowsystem.com website (“this Site”) is provided by us subject to these Site Terms. “We” are Grandstand Event Management Limited, a company registered in England under number 04320393 with registered office at Stoneleigh Park, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, CV8 2LZ.
- Your use of any part of this Site constitutes your acceptance of these Site Terms which takes effect on the date on which you first use this Site. If you do not agree with these Site Terms, you should cease using this Site immediately.
- We reserve the right to change these Site Terms at any time without notice to you by posting changes online. You are responsible for regularly reviewing information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this Site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the amended Site Terms.
- We may also include additional rules and requirements for using parts of this Site (for example membership rules). You are responsible for reviewing all information on this Site in relation to your particular use of this Site and complying with any applicable rules or requirements.
- You are responsible for bringing these Site Terms to the attention of all persons accessing this Site through your internet connection.
- You must not interfere with another person’s use of this Site or otherwise act in a way that negatively affects another person’s use of this Site.
- You are responsible for checking the contents of this Site and restricting its access to minors under your control.
- You agree to use our site only for lawful purposes in accordance with these terms and conditions, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of our site. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within our site.
- You hereby grant to us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, assignable, sub-licensable licence to use any material which you submit to us or this Site for the purpose of use on this Site or for generally marketing (by any means and in any media) this Site or The Showing Register Show or our products or services generally. You agree that you waive your moral rights to be identified as the author and we may modify your submission.
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use our site content in any way. Materials available for downloading are for the registered user only. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any our site content. Any use of our site content requires the prior written permission of Grandstand Event Management Limited.
- We do not undertake to monitor any comments made by users on this Site, but we reserve the right in our absolute discretion to omit, remove, suspend or edit any material, information or data that you or any user transmits, posts or sends to us or this Site.
- The views and comments on contributions to this Site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of us or any of our officers or employees. We will not be responsible or liable for any material, information or data supplied by you or other users to this Site.
- You agree to comply at all times with any instructions for use of this Site which we make from time to time.
- You shall fully and promptly indemnify us against all damages, proceedings, claims, demands, liabilities, losses, charges, costs and expenses which we may suffer or incur as a result (direct or indirect) of any breach by you of any obligation on you under these Site Terms.
Availability of ‘our’ Site, Security and Accuracy
- Whilst we endeavour to make this Site available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason this Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. We make no warranty that your access to this Site will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free. Due to the nature of the internet, this cannot be guaranteed. In addition, we may occasionally need to carry out repairs, maintenance or introduce new facilities and functions.
- Access to this Site may be suspended or withdrawn to or from you personally or all users temporarily or permanently at any time and without notice. We may also impose restrictions on the length and manner of usage of any part of this Site for any reason. If we impose restrictions on you personally, you must not attempt to use this Site under any other name or user.
- We do not warrant that this Site will be compatible with all hardware and software which you may use. Although we may put in place security measures for your protection, we shall not be liable for damage to, or viruses or other code that may affect, any computer equipment, software, data or other property as a result of your access to or use of this Site or your obtaining any material from, or as a result of using, this Site. We shall also not be liable for the actions of third parties in breaching any security measures.
- We may change or update this Site and anything described in it without notice to you.
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure that information and materials on this Site (including without limitation details about our products and services) are correct, no warranty, express or implied, is given that they are complete, accurate or up-to-date and we do not accept any liability for any errors or omissions. If you place orders through or as a result of using this Site, you are responsible for ensuring that your orders contain all necessary and accurate information.
- The contents of this Site are intended for convenience only. Nothing on this Site shall constitute advice specific to your circumstances or a recommendation. We do not suggest that any product or service mentioned on this Site is either available to you or complies with laws outside of England and Wales.
Supply of products or services on this Site:
- Our supplies of our products and services referred to on this Site shall be governed by our terms and conditions applicable to the sale or supply of those products and services. A copy of our terms and conditions are on this Site or available to you upon request by contacting us by e-mail, telephone or post at the contact details set out at the end of these Site Terms.
- Any supplies of products or services by any third parties referred to on this Site (for example, the ticket office or sellers of property) shall be governed by those third parties’ own terms and conditions applicable to the sale or supply of those products and services. We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of any third parties and it is your responsibility to deal directly with the third party from whom you buy products or services in the event of you having any claims or issues.
Our liability to you
- We do not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for our fraudulent misrepresentation.
- To the extent possible by law, in all cases other than in respect of products or services that we supply for a fee, to the extent permitted by law we shall not be liable for any direct or consequential losses (including, without limitation, loss of business, loss of data, loss of use, business interruption and loss of profits) arising from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it or accessible from it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
- The Grandstand Event Management Limited names and logos [The Showing Register] and all other brands, names, logos, marks and slogans on this Site are the trademarks or service marks of us, our event partners or our licensors.
- The names, images and logos identifying Grandstand Event Management Limited and/or The Showing Register or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of Grandstand Event Management Limited and/or Grandstand Media Limited and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of Grandstand Event Management Limited or The Showing Register or any other third party.
Third Party Websites, Pages and Content
- This Site may contain links to other websites (for example, those of sponsors or marketing partners). Although we have sought to carefully select any site to which a link from this Site exists, we have no control over and accept no responsibility for the content of such linked sites. The links are provided “as is” with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within such sites.
- This Site may also contain content and/or dedicated pages provided by third parties (for example trade stand holders’ and advertisers). Although we have sought to carefully select any third party providing those pages, we have no control over and accept no responsibility for the content of such pages, which is uploaded directly by those third parties. Those dedicated pages are the responsibility of the people providing those pages. We make no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within those pages.
- In addition, this Site may contain advertising content provided by third parties. We have no control over and accept no responsibility for that content. Those adverts are the responsibility of the advertisers. We make no warranty, express or implied, for the information or content within those adverts.
- You must not without our permission frame any of this Site onto your own or another person’s website.
- We hereby grant to you a revocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free right to provide a link from your website to the home page of this Site, provided that you do so in a fair and legal way without damaging our reputation or taking advantage of it. In particular:
a) You shall not make any warranties or representations about us or our affiliates or our products, services or policies except with our prior express authorisation;
b) You shall not say anything that is false, misleading, derogatory or offensive about us or our affiliates or our products, services or policies; and
c) You shall not suggest expressly or impliedly that we have endorsed your site or are associated with it where this is not the case.
Use of Usernames and Passwords
- You may need to use a username and password for your access to, or enabling you to access, restricted areas of this Site, in which case this section of the Site Terms applies to you.
- You must always keep your username and password strictly confidential and secure.
- You must not choose a password which can be readily guessed.
- You must not disclose or allow others to have access to your usernames or passwords without our prior permission unless you are the authorised user or the authorised employee acting on behalf of the authorised user.
- If you think you may have lost or allowed a third party to see or use your usernames or passwords, you must inform us immediately.
- You shall be responsible for all use of this Site made under your usernames.
- We may require that your usernames or passwords are changed from time to time.
- If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted and the remaining Site Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Other uses of your personal information
- We may also send you or the people you represent other information about us, the Site, our other websites, our products, sales promotions, our services, our further events, our newsletters, anything relating to other companies in our group or our business partners related to our events or anything in which you or your party show an interest. If you would prefer not to receive any of this additional information as detailed in this paragraph (or any part of it) please send us an appropriate e-mail to email@example.com or write to us at the above address specifying which information you do not wish to receive. Within 7 working days of receipt of your instruction we will cease to send you information as requested. If your instruction is unclear, we will cease to send you all information referred to in this paragraph.
Third Party Links, Pages and Content
We may exchange information with third parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may transfer our databases containing your personal information if we sell our business or part of it.
- We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful access to or accidental loss of or destruction or damage to your information.
We store your personal details on a secure server. We use firewalls on our servers.
We reveal only the last four digits of your credit or debit card numbers when confirming an order to you, but of course we transmit the entire card number to the appropriate card company for collecting payment.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- You are responsible for protecting against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer.
- We use SagePay for our secure payments. It is important that you read and understand the document https://www.sagepay.co.uk/policies/privacy-policywhen choosing whether to use the services at any time. This document also highlights certain risks on using the services together with guidance on how to safely carry out online payments via Sagepay.
- You are solely responsible for understanding and complying with all laws, rules and regulations of your specific jurisdiction that may be applicable to you in connection with your use of the Sagepay Services, including but not limited to, those related to export or import activity, taxes or foreign currency transactions.
- Please note the following risks and key terms applicable to your use of the Services:
Sagepay have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time. You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products or services from our Site, unless any change to those policies or our Site terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or the Site terms and conditions before we send you the Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
- Contracts for the purchase of products or services through our Site will be governed by English law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such Contracts shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on our Site then the latter shall prevail.
Memberships are not refundable unless the product comes under the distance selling regulation. Entries to the event/s, “The Showing Register Show”, is cancelled or rescheduled. Should the event be cancelled or rescheduled you will be entitled to a refund of your entry fee (does not include administration and cancellation fees). You therefore need to check the details of the membership and the timetable of the show that you plan to attend before booking and let us know upon receipt of the booking confirmation of any error.
Terms and conditions for Membership & Registration
Site users may be offered the opportunity to subscribe and/or register to receive additional restricted access to the Site or information.
- We are not under any obligation to accept a request for registration or subscription and reserve the right to suspend or terminate access at any time for any reason e.g. if your continued use is believed to prejudice us or other users. If we do accept your registration, it is for a single user only.
- The membership does not permit you to share your username and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network. Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued by us or chosen by you rests with you.
- To register with The Showing Register on the Grandstand Event Management Limited Site you must be over sixteen years of age or have parents or guardians permission. You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details.
- You will be asked to register therefore create and/or use a username and password for your access to, or enabling you to access, this Site, in which case this section of the Site Terms applies to you.
- Membership runs from 1st January to 31st December each year.
- TSR Membership does not entitle the person to any shares or voting rights in The Showing Register (TSR) or Grandstand Event Management (GSE).
- All memberships are subject to approval within 24hrs of application.
- If TSR does not contact the applicant within 24hrs to notify the applicant that membership has NOT been approved, the membership is approved.
- TSR DOES NOT issue membership cards, members can log into their online account to view their membership numbers.
Terms & Conditions relating to entries The Showing Register Shows
- Exhibitors must be bona fide owners or such persons nominated by the owner to be their authorised agent to make the entry on the owner’s behalf, at the closing date of entry of the horses/ponies which they are entering.
- In the event of a horse/pony changing ownership after having been entered for the Show, the details of the owner will remain unchanged unless official notification of change of ownership is received from both parties concerned in writing prior to the closing date of entries as detailed in the Schedule.
- The person who made the original entry will be considered as the owner (or their authorised representative) and he/she alone will be recognised as being entitled to any cups or prize money which may be won by the entries made by him/her.
- Entries must be made on the official Entry Form or via online system and must be duly completed and authorised by the Exhibitor or their authorised agent.
- All entries shall stand for any postponed Show unless withdrawn by written notice to the Show Secretary within one week of notification or public announcement in the press of such postponement.
- The postponement or abandonment of the Show either before the opening or at any time during the course of the Show shall not give rise to any claim whatever against the Show or the Organisers by the competitors or others except for refund of prepaid entries in respect of classes or competitions not held.
- In the case of postponement, a refund will only be made in respect of entries duly withdrawn.
Member – A person who has purchased a TSR membership which entitles the person to receive
Exhibitor – An Owner or any other person responsible for a pony/horse at a show, means and includes where appropriate, riders, owners, handlers, and producers.
Show Producer – A person who derives income from keeping and training horses and ponies for the show ring even if this is not their main source of income.
Judge – A person/s responsible for the judging of a class, as recognised by the respective societies and/or membership bodies.
Owner – The person that is accredited on a horse/pony’s passport as owning the animal. Or in the case of a loan agreement the lessee shall be deemed the owner. However, the person on the passport and the lessee remains responsible for all past and present connections.
Rider/Handler – A person that rides or handles the horse/pony.
Spectator – A person that intends to attend The Showing Register Show as a visitor but does not take part in the event.
Any Entry Form, objection or other document required by these Rules to be signed by a Competitor may be accepted if signed on behalf of the Competitor by an agent whom the Organisers are satisfied is duly authorised to do so.
No membership/registration will be accepted without the appropriate fees. In the event of returned cheques or otherwise, an administration fee of £45.00 will be charged and the membership/registration refused until such time that full settlement is made which must be before close of entries. TSR Membership does not entitle the person to any shares or voting rights in The Showing Register (TSR) or Grandstand Event Management (GSE).
No entry will be accepted without the appropriate fees. In the event of returned cheques or otherwise, an administration fee of £45.00 will be charged and the entry refused until such time that full settlement is made which must be before close of entries. The person who pays for an entry is then deemed the owner of that entry.
No alterations or substitutions of any entry will be allowed after the closing date of entries without permission of the Manager of The Showing Register. Entries must therefore be made in the appropriate competition(s) or class (es) for which animals are eligible.
AGE AND HEIGHT
All animals exhibited in competitions restricted in height as Horse of the Year Show qualifiers require a valid Joint Measurement Board annual or full height certificate and the JMB height certificate number MUST be stated on the entry form. Competitors must carry their horse/pony’s height certificate at all times during competition and must produce them immediately upon request. Please see full details on www.hoys.co.uk
The age and height of each horse/pony entered and any other specific particulars must be accurately stated on the entry form if required by the conditions of the competition. A false declaration or misstatement of any kind, including change of name of a horse/pony, incorrect description or false declaration of prizes won at horse shows, may at the discretion of the Organisers, disqualify a competitor from the show and the horse/pony entered from any prize and from entering or being entered again at the show.
In particular, a mis-statement as to the height will automatically render the animal ineligible for any judging or prize. Competitors must be prepared to verify any statement made in a manner required by the Organisers.
All entries must be made in the name of the horse/pony under which it is registered with the relevant association/society and must correspond with the name on the Annual or Full JMB Certificate and the National or International Passport at all times.
The Showing Register may at their absolute discretion, decline any entry, exclude or remove any person or animal from the Show or future Shows or return any entry fee without being required to assign any reason or being liable for any compensation.
FORFEITURE OF FEES AND CHARGES
Failure to exhibit any animal entered will entail forfeiture of entry fees and charges for stabling, passes and horsebox parking if appropriate. No refund will be made in any circumstances.
CANCELLATION OF CLASSES
Any competition for which there are not at least four entries under the ownership of different competitors may be cancelled. Competitors in the cancelled competition will be notified and may, at their option up to the specified date as stated for the event, transfer the entries originally made to other competitions for which the animals originally entered may be eligible.
Events outside our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (a “Force Majeure Event”). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, nonhappening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following: (a) strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action; (b) civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war; (c) fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster; (d) impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport; (e) impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; (f) the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
All notices given by you to us must be given to Grandstand Event Management Ltd at [Grandstand Event Management Limited, Stoneleigh Park, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, CV8 2LZ] [or by emailing [firstname.lastname@example.org]. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in clause “written communications” above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
If we fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with clause “Events outside our control” above.
If any of these terms and conditions or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any Contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
We each acknowledge that, in entering into a Contract, neither of us has relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us prior to such Contract except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions.
We intend to rely upon these terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of any Contract. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variations from these terms and conditions to be confirmed in writing.
English Law and Jurisdiction
These Site Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts. You irrevocably agree that the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or matter brought by you in relation to these Site Terms. We shall also have the right to bring a claim against you in the jurisdiction in which you are based and any other court of competent jurisdiction.
If you want to contact us for any reason, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, by telephone at 02476 857010, or by post at the address above.
Last updated November 2022